Become an On-field Expert
Many aspiring physiotherapists get into the industry to work in a sport environment with athletes. It takes training to apply the skills learned in PT school to the challenging and dynamic setting of on-field sport coverage.
Provide rehabilitation professionals the tools that they need to provide safe, evidence-based on-field coverage.
- Learn how to provide on-field coverage for sporting events (subject to league prerequisites i.e. First Responder)
- Practice on-field orthopaedic testing
- Learn basic tape protocols for upper and lower extremity (athletic, power)
- Learn to create and apply an EAP (Emergency Action Plan)
- Acute concussion management protocols
- Learn when to treat and when to refer/transport
- Connect with local sports teams and communities
- Return to play planning
- Evidence-based treatment plans
- RTP outcome measures
- Sport Specific Protocols